With all of the anticipation and excitement of looking forward to Conference, it has come and gone but with so many fun and tender memories that will be long remembered. My family has a tradition where we all get together Conference every 6 months, but because of growing families and schooling, it's made it hard for everyone to make it. This Conference Kelsey and Melissa were able to fly into Salt Lake and spend it with us. Kelsey flew in Wednesday night and stayed with Jason and I, and then Melissa flew in on Thursday. Then Dad, Mom, and Kerri all drove down once again Wednesday night. We all met for lunch at "Zupas" Thursday and then went to "Real Deals" in Springville. Friday we were all up at the hotel in Salt Lake and had another shopping outing where we went to Tai Pan, Deseret Book, and a new store called Steve and Barry's. We met up with the boys up at the hotel (who spent the day skiing) and headed to Olive Garden, which has become another family tradition.
Mckenna went along with us on everything and lets just say was an angel. She has been such a patient, easy baby and is so easy going. Saturday we watched Conference in the hotel room and had the great privilege of sustaining our new prophet, Thomas S. Monson, along with his counselors. What a powerful session that was as the Spirit bore witness to me that he was called of God to lead and guide this church. All of the talks were great and seem to have new meaning to me as I am now a mother and have so much more responsibility upon my shoulders to raise and teach Mckenna.
Saturday afternoon we had about 14 tickets to the session so Jason was a sweetheart and watched Mckenna while I went with my family. Again, another great session. Jason had tickets to Priesthood with my Dad and my brothers, so the girls just hung out in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building where they were having ladies night. We took a trip to Gateway and then met up with the boys where we went to dinner at the "Garden" to celebrate Melissa's birthday. Such a fun day filled with happy memories and lots of inspiration from our prophets and apostles.
Sunday we had to say goodbye to everyone, which was really hard, especially since Melissa and Kelsey live so far away, but told ourselves that we would do this again next year and that these memories would be the "June roses in the the Decembers of our lives", as President Monson once stated.
Eating lunch at Zupas. I could eat there for every meal, I love it!
In front of our house with all the girls
Jason and I getting ready to leave the hotel to meet everyone at Temple Square.
Lunch on Saturday in the ZCMI Food Court.

2 comments:
Oh what a fun weekend. I am going through withdrawals from everything. I guess I will just have to do it again next year=)
It was a perfect weekend~I still am a little bitter at you not letting me take her back with me.
love ya!
Post a Comment