Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Growing up ...

Mckenna is getting so big! I took her to the doctor at the end of the month and she had gained a pound and a half in less than 30 days. I guess she is finally hitting her growth spurt now weighing in at 13.5 pounds. :) Not only is she growing, but she's learning many new skills.
She likes to brush her own tooth. (The bottom one just popped through about a week ago)
She loves helping with the laundry ...
using my cell phone ...
laughing at my funny jokes...
...and trying to eat her own food.
What a fun age she is right now. She is so close to crawling but I'm hoping she waits on that for a little while. I love how I can put her down on the ground with her toys and she'll entertain herself. Now we just have to work on sleeping through the night and learning to love other people besides Mom and Dad. :)

4 comments:

Erin said...

Mckenna is such a cutie! She has sweetest little personality! I'm glad that you are all doing well. We will have to get together again really soon! Take care!

Melissa said...

Oh, why can't you be next door? You know that she and I would be best friends. She is so darn cute and tell her that Aunt Melissa is so proud of her weight gain! :) How can you not smile when you see that grin?? Love you both!

Kelsey & David Barber said...

Oh man, you definitely have to make it up for New Years! I can't wait longer than that to see her. ANd you too of course! =)You should probably cut back on feeding her to like 2 times a day. She is getting pretty chunky.Ha!

Kristine said...

I love this little girl! She is growing up and getting cuter by the minute! She is very advanced! I still can't get Brooks to sit for more than 10 seconds!