Saturday, February 26, 2011

Madison is 1!

DSC_0181

I can't believe it's been a year since little Madison has joined our family. She has been such a blessing to us and is so full of love, smiles, and laughter. We think that's why she was born on Valentine’s Day - to remind us what real love is, sweet little girl.

Madison 1-1

She loves the camera and will whip out her cheesy grin anytime it’s on her, even through tears and all.

We had a little birthday party for her and invited her two little friends Leo and Zailey. She opened presents ….

DSC_1167DSC_1184DSC_1189

and then on to the cupcakes! She loved them and ate the whole thing.

Madison 12

Here are some things we love about Madison, and some things that Madison loves to do at 1!

DSC_0955

I love your bright blue eyes, little nose, and top lip that hangs over your bottom one. You have the best kissing cheeks that always smell so good.

I could kiss them all day.

DSC_1267

I love how patient you are with Mckenna. You put up with a lot but will let us know when you’ve had enough.

DSC_1139

You will say “hi” to anyone. It’s your first (and only) word and you love to use it. Anytime you come into the room and I’m in there you let out a big “hi” over and over and come crawling over to me as fast as you can. You put your head down and “charge” – you look like a little bull.

DSC_1367

You are into everything. Your new favorite spot is in the dishwasher. You unload everything, whether it’s clean or dirty, and throw it on the floor.

DSC_1289

You won’t let anyone feed you. I have to put your food on the spoon and then you take it from me and put it in your mouth (or wherever it falls). If I try and put it in your mouth you close your mouth and arch your head back so when you eat you always make a big mess.

DSC_1372

You fold your arms for prayers when I put your in your chair. You put your two little hands together and start talking so sweetly.

Madison 11

Mckenna can make you laugh more than anyone else. You love her and follow her around the house. This is your new favorite game – Mckenna goes outside and laughs at you through the window and you crack up. It’s the best sound in the world.

*You love the stairs and have mastered going up and down them

*You love to snuggle and put your head on my shoulder while you give out little pouts when you’re tired.

*You still aren’t sleeping through the night. We’ve had 3 restful nights since you’ve been born. I keep hoping tonight is the night you will start!

*You won’t keep anything on your feet or your head. You rip off your bows and take off your socks and shoes.

*You love remotes! Makes it a pain to watch TV sometimes because we’re always hiding them from you.

*You are such a friendly baby and will go to anyone. You say “hi” to people at the store and are so loving.

We love you Madison and are so grateful you were born into our family. What would we do without you?!

Happy First Birthday!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy birthday, Madison!! You are so sweet and we are glad you are Leo's girlfriend. :) I love how she says "HI!" and her sweet little smile. Thanks for letting us celebrate the big day with you all!!

Kelsey & David Barber said...

Oh I love that girl. Give her lots of kisses for me!

K.T. said...

This is to cute Kristin, great post! Madison is the best! And I cant wait till Zaylie is big enough to actually contribute to the trouble that Im sure they will be getting in together!

Heather said...

I love this post, you are such an incredible mom and both of your girls are ADORABLE! Seriously Madison is SO STINKIN' CUTE!!!! Happy Birthday baby!