January started off with great news. Jason got offered an internship with a law firm in Montana and we were ecstatic. It seemed to make the winter months more bearable.
School didn’t start until after MLK day, so we had the first part to relax and not have a whole lot to worry about.
The weather started getting a little warmer so we bundled the girls up and took them out in the mornings.
We went up to St. Louis for Mckenna’s eye appointment (everything looked great) and then did some shopping at the mall and ate at Cheesecake Factory – mmmmm.
Mckenna had been asking all day when we were going back to the hotel to go swimming and when we finally got there, we realized that I didn’t bring our bag! So Mckenna, Madison or I didn’t have any extra clothes, except what we had gotten shopping. We didn’t have the heart to tell Mckenna she couldn’t go swimming, so Jason tied some of his shorts around Mckenna. It was pretty funny, and an adventurous night but we did quite well with what we had and everyone was happy.
It made her night.
Sweet Dreams!
Blissdom!
In January I found out that Melissa was going to Nashville for a blog conference and I couldn’t resist not driving the 3 hours to go and meet her, so I signed up for some workshops and went! Jill watched the girls and I was able to get away for a night to spend time with my best oldest sister, stay in a beautiful hotel (Gaylord Opryland Hotel), attend some great workshops, and meet some wonderful ladies.
(My pictures didn’t turn out the greatest, even after I took the photography workshop, so I used Melissa’s from her blog.)
I had a blast and was so grateful I was able to see Melissa. I got lots of great tips on blogging which I used to finish Favorite Paint Colors and am loving blogging more than ever! It was a perfect little getaway.

No comments:
Post a Comment