Thursday, December 4, 2008
Thanksgiving
I cannot believe Thanksgiving is over and it's December! November flew by way too fast and I know I'm going to be saying the same thing after Christmas is over. This year Jason and I drove up with Kerri to Montana to see Mom and Dad and their new house. We packed a ton in but had so much fun seeing everybody. It really wasn't the same without Kelsey and Melissa there, I am just praying next year that we can get together with EVERYONE for the holidays. Here I go at trying to remember all that we did - there are lots of pictures but there were so many fun ones I had to put them all in.
Mckenna loved all the new toys Grandma had. It was funny watching her exploring a new place. This was a horse I used to play with as a girl and now Mckenna is using it for a different purpose than I did, but we thought it was so funny that she fit perfectly on it.
Grandma Reeva and Ron showed up on Wednesday and it was really good to see them again. They are fun and love their little grandkids ( I should say great). Mckenna has horrible stranger anxiety right now so it was a miracle we could get a picture with Grandma where she wasn't screaming but I'm glad we were able to.
Christopher and Natalie came over with their girls on Wednesday night and we dipped chocolates. They were oh so good ... Mckenna loved Natalie's wrapped caramels and found a way to get some unwrapped.
Mom and Dad have a gorgeous new house, we loved staying there and having the extra room. Mckenna was crawling all over the place exploring everything, but all in all was pretty good. Nothing broken and not too many bruises.
The boys in Mom and Dad's bed. Don't really know how to explain this one - they just decided to jump into bed while we were hanging out in Mom and Dad's room to keep warm, I guess.
Russell drove to Missoula from Bozeman and was able to spend Thanksgiving dinner with us. It was really good to see him again and we were grateful he came over.
Let the feast begin!







Of course one of our favorite traditions around Thanksgiving is Black Friday and the shopping! Kristine and I left at 6 to hit Wal-Mart while the guys stayed home with the babies. Both are still nursing so we couldn't be gone our usual 6 or 7 hour stretch so we had to come home and take them with us. They really were good but had a few meltdowns. Candy was helpful but made a huge mess. What a bad mom I am. I think this is the second picture where Mckenna is eating candy. I promise, I do feed her things that are good for her. Just on rare occasions does she get the sugar. Anyway, despite the kids, lack of sleep, and the long day, we were able to get some great deals and even got a few things for free. I love Missoula shopping - nothing can beat the Herberger's sale
This picture says it all!


Missoula just got a Red Robin so we went there Saturday night for dinner. The guys went to the U of M football game and the girls went shopping ... again. We had a great time once again visiting with everyone. As always, things get crazy when we're all together but it wouldn't be a holiday without that. As Josh Groban sings... "we have so much to be grateful for".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Everything looked like so much fun! I got a little envious looking at your pictures but it looks like a blast. You look cute as ever and Mckenna is getting bigger. So fun! I missed you guys alot but lets not talk about it =)Glad you had fun!
Glad you are back to posting!! It was so fun to be with you. What great memories!
Oh, it looks like so much fun! I love Mckenna on your horse and with Gr Reeva!! I was with you in spirit, but I love seeing all the pictures to help me imagine it even more. Oh, she is so cute~all 15 pounds of her! Love you~
Melissa
Oh I love to see that girl with chocolate! Could she be any cuter? Watching her make eyes at Natalie Sunday was so adorable, and I have to say, you guys are really a stunning couple. No wonder she is so pretty.
Post a Comment