Monday, November 10, 2008

New Moves

Mckenna has been so funny lately and has really started to let her "personality" show. She loves any toy with music and anytime she hears it, she starts shaking her head. At first it worried me - didn't know if she had some kind of spasm, but as we watched we saw that she just did it when she heard her music, even in church - so I think she's okay. Maybe she's got some rhythm?

She also is officially crawling. She has done this army crawl for about a month now and that's been able to get her where she needs to go, but now she is moving around much faster. Kind of a bittersweet moment - it's a fun milestone but now I have to constantly watch her and make sure she's not getting into anything she's not supposed to. This has been such a fun age, though - it seems like everyday I get to see something new she's learned. I am just grateful I can stay home with her and witness it for myself. I am thankful for that everyday.

4 comments:

Kelsey & David Barber said...

Oh my heck! she is soooo cute! I especially like the music one and how she just shakes her head. Too funny! She is getting hair too- yay!=) It's so pretty. I am so glad you stay at home too- I will be grateful for that also. GIve her a kiss for me!

Kristine said...

That was so fun to watch! What a cutie! Good luck with the baby-proofing! Brooklyn says HI!:)

Melissa said...

That is adorable, but it makes me sad that I'm missing all this in person! She looks so much older now! We need to get her and Spenc together with some music and the washing machine and see what happens :) Lots of hugs and kisses from Aunt Melissa...

Julie said...

She's growing so fast! It's fun to see updates. We wish we were there to enjoy her in person. Miss you!