Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Trip to Missoula!

So back in November we found some sweet tickets out of Vegas to Missoula. Jason wanted to get them for me so I could go see my family - especially my sister Kelsey who was visiting from Milwaukee. I didn't tell Mom and Dad or Kelsey and I arrived in Missoula on New Year's Eve. Kerri picked us up at the airport, took us to Mom and Dad's new house, and we got in the door and put Mckenna under the tree. Nicholas and Dad told Mom she had another present, which it took her a minute to see Mckenna, but then found out we were there. It was a fun surprise and so good to be with everyone again. My camera ran out of batteries and I didn't get ANY pictures - I was quite disappointed but we had a lot of fun with everyone.
Mckenna got an ear infection from a cold she had - her fever got up to 103 and we took her into the Now Care in the mall. We waited and waited, finally saw the doctor, then he referred us to a pediatrician in the area because he didn't feel comfortable making the diagnosis. We then drove over to Community Hospital, waited some more and saw the referred doctor. This is the first time she has been this sick and it was miserable for both of us. I was so glad to have my Mom there - who went to the appointments with me and was just there for support. Mckenna was still pretty clingy and wouldn't go to anyone because she wasn't feeling good so I didn't get the break I was hoping for but had a great time time seeing everyone.
Kelsey and Dave drove back to Missoula on New Year's Eve and we had a rockin' party that night. We played games and watched Dick Clark bring in the New Year. Wasn't the same without Jason there, plus I was kind of dead from the flight and wasn't feeling very good myself but 2009 came and is here!
New Year's Day, we hit the Dillard's sale and cleaned out the shoe department. That is the best sale - I got a lot of things I needed and even shopped for upcoming birthdays. That afternoon Dad made his famous New Year's crepes which were so delicious. I miss those and havn't had them in a long time so it was great that he carried on the tradition. We ate lots, shopped some more, and played lots of games together.
It's always hard leaving, but I was really glad to get home and see Jason and get Mckenna in her own bed. Her schedule was pretty messed up, plus she wasn't feeling 100% so it was good to get home. We're back in full swing again with a lot of things that have been going on. I need to be done with this but have some more things to update so will get to that when I can!

5 comments:

Montana Brandts said...

Looks like you guys have been very busy, but having a lot of fun!! I have been waiting for an update!! Since blogging is one of my favorite things to do, I get so excited when I get to read and see new posts! It's so fun!!

Kristine said...

What a fun surprise! That's even better than when they had your mom's cell phone ring under the tree for her to find! Wish we could have joined you!

Kelsey & David Barber said...

We had so much fun! I am so glad you made it up. Definitely made the trip totally RAD! =) Miss you!

Melissa said...

Krishin! I'm back! Sorry it's been so long! I was such a good girl and didn't tell anyone about your surprise! It sounds like so much fun, although I know it's hard when they get sick, especially without Jason. Good job pulling it off~I just wish I could have come and surprised you myself in the shoe dept of Dillards or something. Love you!

Julie said...

It's fun to read about all your travels! Thanks for the updates!