Sunday, August 17, 2008

The past month ...

I really have been horrible at posting lately, and I'm more sorry to myself than anyone because it always takes me forever to get caught back up again. Sooo, I really am making a goal to myself to become better. ANYWAY - this summer has flown by so fast, I can't believe school is starting again. I can't even put into words how grateful I am that I can stay home and be with Mckenna and not have to worry about going back to teaching. Although I did enjoy it, being a mother is far more rewarding and I wouldn't trade it for anything! Back to what I was saying about summer - this one has been kind of busy but a lot of fun. I'm just highlighting some of our favorite things that happened.


My Trip to Montana

Up at our one of our favorite summer time desinations - Salmon Lake. I wakeboarded and waterskiied for the first time in two years and holy cow I was sore. It was a ton of fun, though.



These pictures were taken at Mom's Symphony Concert (with David and Kelsey), Mckenzie River Pizza Co. - one of my favorites, and Splash Montana!


Outside of our house (probably for the last time) and Dad making his famous huckleberry-apple pies - this time we were all listening intently so we could go home and make them there. They were delicious!



I had the great opportunity to go home this last week to see my sister, Kelsey, who was visiting from Milwaukee. Jason unfortunately was not able to go because of work, so I got a ride with my sister-in-law who was visiting her sister in Idaho and was going through Missoula. It worked out great and it was so fun to go back home again. I love Montana in the summer - I love the sunsets, the cool nights, warm days, Salmon Lake, the Dairy Queen on Higgins, lunch at Caras Park, the summer Symphony concert, the "M", listening to the crickets outside, and oh so much more! We were able to do most of these things, but most of all, I just loved being home and not having to worry about the daily routine of life! I have to apologize to my Mom for not doing more to help out - it's so funny how you go home and become a kid again. I guess that's the best part about being home.


Mckenna Emily



Tummy time!

With Dad and Cousin Brooklyn at Dallin's baptism.

This is one of my favorites - she looks thrilled to be a free woman.


Sleeping on her favorite place - our bed.

On our way to church in the cute dress Grandma gave her.


Mckenna is almost 6 months and I know I keep on saying this but I really can't believe how fast the time goes by. I want to freeze her as she is because it seems like everyday she is learning something new, which is great but she's definitely no longer my little newborn. She is as happy and smiley as ever and is starting to do some really funny things. She can roll across the floor, loves her tummy time, can entertain herself for quite a while with rattles, or really anything she can chew on, is starting to babble with vowel sounds (ba ba ba, da da da), and is drooling everywhere. I am just waiting for her to crawl because she is starting to scoot by putting her bum up in the air, head down, and pushing her body to move a few inches. I really don't want her to become mobile yet so I am crossing my fingers that she won't become the early 6 month crawler. She weighs a little over 12 pounds and is just a little bundle of joy.

Girls Camp

Our beautiful site Our Young Women


So this is part of the reason I havn't posted for a while. I spent a lot of this summer preparing for Girls Camp which turned out great, but I never knew all the preparation it took. I guess as a girl going you never think of the trouble that your leaders go through but this definitely gave me a new appreciation for them.

Instead of having a Stake Camp, we ended up going up with just our ward which was good because our girls were able to bond really well. Definitely a lot more work but in the end I think it was worth it. We ate a ton of food, spent a lot of the time cooking, went snipe hunting, and had an incredible faith walk on Friday night based upon the ten virgin parable. I was only up there for one night because of Mckenna, but I was grateful I was able to go and experience this with the girls. Although it was fun, I am really glad it's over!

Collette's Ranch

These are just a few pictures we took at Collette's ranch a little past Kamas, Utah. She invited us up there for a little Lofgren get together and it was absolutely gorgeous. We went horseback riding, had a delicious dinner, roasted marshmallows, and listened to some of Grandpa Lofgren's stories. We just love Collette and something will happen with her and Jonathan. :)





5 comments:

Melissa said...

Krishin! I love all the pics! You know my heart was with you all in Montana~I could cry looking at the cute pictures, but I'm not going to! It looks like an amazing time. I love your swimsuit! McKenna is adorable and getting so big (12 lbs!!)Her nakey picture is priceless! I love Kels' face while you all are watching Dad make pies and Colette's ranch looks like tons of fun too~we need that girl in the family! Girls camp looks like a smashing success too. I love your updates...
Love you!
Melissa

Julie said...

Hello from Wisconsin! I was so excited to see your comment on our blog and to have a way to get in touch with you. We miss you guys so much! It's great here, but we sure wish you were around to play with in the evenings. I love your blog background...where did you get it? I got mine at thecutestblogontheblock.com. It was fun seeing pictures of all your trips. Please keep us posted! Love ya! Julie

Kristine said...

You've been busy! I am glad you are back on. I have missed seeing your pictures and happenings! I loved the pics of McKenna--especially the nakie shot!:) Glad you got to go to Montana one last time on Arlington Drive! Love you!

James and Danielle said...

You three have been busy! Glad you are enjoying your summer.

The Jones Family said...

I love the new post!! It looks like your summer was so busy but incredibly fun! McKenna really is getting so big but shes so adorable - I love the picture of her on the bed as a "free woman" I just laughed when I saw it. And way to go on girls camp, I'm impressed you planned it all... thats awesome! We want to come visit and see you guys and McKenna sometime soon!!