Okay, so we were talking and really there could be a whole series done on Kerri's adventures. This particular one was a little more unfortunate, though, and I hope Kerri doesn't mind me posting this, but she was such a good sport about everything and as always, had a positive attitude, although her first worry was how she was going to fit her foot into her cowboy boots for the concert. :)
In case you havn't heard, my little sister Kerri came down from Montana to visit a few friends. While she was down here she went to Seven Peaks with a group and while there, went down one of the steeper slides that has a trough of water at the bottom where you are supposed to slow down and get out. For some reason there wasn't enough water and instead of slowing down she actually sped up and hit the end of the trough at full speed. To make a long story short, she ended up breaking her ankle in two places and just had surgery yesterday where she had 9 screws placed in her ankle. Not a pretty sight. She called from the emergency room where I met her and then she crashed at our place for the rest of the day until she flew out the next morning to go back home. She was pretty bummed because it had ruined the rest of her plans that she had for the rest of the week, not to mention the activities she had planned for her last summer at home. Although this wasn't a very fun thing to have happen, she handled it all really well and we are so glad she is okay.

3 comments:
Ouch! I bet that hurt! I couldn't even imgine! I'm glad she is okay though, and what a trooper! You'll have to tell her that we hope she heals fast and gets better soon! We still need to get together sometime! Hope you are having a good summer, besides the recent tragic event!
poor Kerri! You guys were so good to take care of her..I love the picture of Jason washing her hair in the sink! You know which one is my favorite though :)
Oh this was great! When I was taking pictures of her after the surgery and all she could say was--THIS BETTER NOT BE ON YOUR BLOG!!
Post a Comment